Thursday, June 11, 2009

Seeing Green





Today I landed in Ireland. Right now I am sitting in the Shannon airport, contemplating how I am going to make it through the next six weeks without emptying out my bank account (thanks exchange rates). But all financial stress aside, I am very excited. Flying into Ireland was beautiful; we landed right off the coast and the entire coastline was green and cliffs. It looked like the whole country was stamped out of a cookie-cutter. So far the Irish are friendly, at least I think they are friendly, I can only understand half the things they say, but they say everything with a cheery tone. And they really like green (go figure) our plane was green, the seats were green, the flight attendants wore green...I did not pack the right colors for this trip. I'm too tired to type right now, because its 7 am, and it will not be getting sleep any time soon. I will not be sleeping until tonight (which means 48 hours no sleep woohoo)...so I will be back once I am able to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment