Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Down to work

I started my research yesterday at the Huston Film School. Aside from the whole having to do four hours of research a day, it's actually pretty interesting. I'm working with a man named Rod Stoneman (very strong Irish name). He is researching peoples' interpretations of images in the media. I am responsible for finding out how much copyright clearance will cost for various movies and photographs that are going to be published in the finished research. Once I'm done with that I get to do my own research with images or films I choose, and interpret them. I have a few ideas about what I want to research: youtube, changing representation of war in the media, pop culture's effect on society, etc. Right now I'm just doing a lot of googling and hoping I stumble upon something I can put six weeks worth of research into.

The National University of Ireland, Galway is a really nice school. The campus is huge and runs along the river. It has a brand new gym that I became a member of. The first thing I learned while working out there is that Irish people smell! There's got to be a shortage of deodorant here or something. That's not going to stop me from working out there; I like to see the hot Irish gym treat Alan who works at the front desk. He gave me a tour of the gym before I joined. Too bad his claddagh ring faces the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment