Sunday, June 14, 2009

The story you've been hoping for

Last night we went to the pubs again (surprise). After pre-gaming at the apartments we all met at the Quay and then went to Kings Head (which is very quickly turning into my favorite pub for reasons that will reveal themselves later). Half of the group, including me, went to the bathroom, while the other half went to the bar. After wandering around the pub, which is too floors and very crowded, we found the other half of the group at one of the bars talking to an Irish guy named John. We quickly surrounded him (it is easy to get an Irish guy to hit on you, the traditional move is grabbing you arm and asking "how are you, love?", but to get one alone and start a conversation is a rarer treat). He was not from Galway, but was visiting with friends for some reason that I didn't understand when he told me. He was a student at a university in Dublin studying Finance. He called me a nerd for being an English major. And somehow we ended up alone at the bar. We were talking and unfortunately every other phrase out of my mouth was, "sorry I didn't understand what you said" or "what?" A few of the things he said to me that I definitely understood were: "you have very beautiful eyes," "what do you want to drink," and "can I have a kiss."

No comments:

Post a Comment